How to Stay Safe at Work
No matter what job you have with us at AMP Security we want to make sure you are taking the proper measures to be safe and protected from any harm or injury. Nothing is worse than getting hurt on the job and not being able to fulfill your duties to earn a living. Below are just some of the ways you can make sure you are staying safe while on the job.
- Understand the risks involved with the job. Each job requires something of you, whether that be physically or mentally, you need to be prepared. Always assess the situation you are in and make sure you are completing the given task in the safest way possible.
- Reduce stress caused by your work. This can be physical or mental stress that is involved with the job. Too much stress can cause depression and sleep deprivation. That is why it is so important to not take too much overtime, have a break, and not let coworker’s problems get you down. Never let the stresses of a job affect your life.
- Avoid bending over and stooping repetitively or for long periods of time. If possible re-adjust your work space or yourself to make sure you don’t cause any harm to your body. Repeated movements over time can cause problems physically.
- Use all work equipment properly and according to the given safety guidelines. If you are required to use larger electrical equipment, make sure you receive the proper training and work within the safety guidelines. If you are required to wear certain protective clothing for your job make sure you do so. Safety guidelines are put in place to protect you, not become a burden.
- Use caution when lifting heavy equipment or loads. Never try to lift and move something that is too heavy for you to handle. Use proper lifting techniques to protect your back.
- Never come to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Hindering your ability to think can only cause harm to you and your co-workers while on the job.
- Know your rights and stand up for your safety. If you feel like your safety is being violated with a certain task or job, speak up and protect yourself.
Working safely is necessary when it comes to having a job with AMP Security. We care about the successes and well-being of all of our employees. To learn more about our company and to view the current jobs we have available, check our website often. We would love to hear from you.