Summer is underway, and no matter where you live, you’ll probably see your energy bills creeping up along with the temperature. Although you certainly want your home to be cool and comfortable, you also don’t want to take out a second mortgage to cover your bills.
Fortunately, your smart home smart thermostat can help keep your AC costs down. Features like preset temperatures and automatic temperature adjustments make it easy to save money and still enjoy the comforts of home.
The professionals at AMP Smart have some tips and tricks to get the most out of your smart home summer thermostat.
Benefits of a Smart Home Smart Thermostat for Summer
Wondering why a smart thermostat is such a great investment for the summer months? Here are just a few reasons you’ll love having this advanced technology in your home:
- Control Your Thermostat Remotely: Forgot to turn the thermostat up a few degrees before leaving the house for the day? No problem. You can easily use your AMP Smart app to control your smart thermostat from work, vacation, or anywhere else.
- Utilize Motion Sensors: Installing room sensors will allow you to maximize the efficiency of your smart thermostat. Enter a room and the sensor will automatically adjust the thermostat temperature to your liking.
- Program Your Thermostat: No need to head to the thermostat to alter the temperature multiple times a day. Instead, program your thermostat so it stays on a set schedule throughout the day.
- Enjoy Automatic Temperature Changes: You may have preset temperatures on your smart thermostat. But what about when you’re baking cookies and want to crank up the AC? Or maybe you’ve decided to open the windows and let the breeze in? In that case, your smart thermostat can sense the temperature changes and adjust according to your preferences.
Tips for Managing Your Smart Thermostat this Summer
Using your smart home smart thermostat features is bound to save you money this summer. Check out these tips to further maximize energy efficiency in your home:
- Program your smart thermostat to 78 degrees (or higher) when you’re at home.
- Set your thermostat a few degrees warmer when you’re not home or asleep.
- If you’re trying to cool down the house quickly, remember that setting the AC to the lowest temperature won’t help—it will only make the AC run longer and end up wasting more energy. Instead, try closing blinds and drapes and running the fans.
- Set your home temperature closer to the outside temperature in order to slow the amount of heat coming into the house. (The bigger the temperature differential, the faster heat will draw into your home!)
Learn More from AMP Smart
Ready to upgrade your smart summer thermostat or learn more about building a smart home? Contact AMP Smart today. Our mission is to make every customer enjoy the ultimate comfort and peace of mind at home, and our technology can help you achieve that goal. Get in touch to see how effortless and intuitive an automated home can be.