How Important Are Carbon Monoxide Detectors? | AMP Smart
How Important Are Carbon Monoxide Detectors?
Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can be fatal if inhaled. It is present every time you turn on fuel such as natural gas, propane gas, gasoline, oil, kerosene, wood or coal. When a person inhales carbon monoxide, the toxic gas enters the bloodstream and prevents oxygen from entering the body. In other words, your brain and heart do not receive the oxygen that they need to function properly.
For most people, the first signs of exposure to low carbon monoxide concentrations include mild headaches and shortness of breath when doing moderate exercise. Continuous exposure can produce flu-like symptoms, including stronger headaches, dizziness, tiredness, nausea, confusion, irritability, confused thinking, lack of memory, and poor coordination. Breathing low concentrations of carbon monoxide may not result in obvious symptoms of poisoning, but low exposure can cause long-term health damage, even after the source has been eliminated. These effects include long-term neurological damage, for example, difficulty in learning and retaining data in memory, emotional and personality effects, and sensory and motor disorders.
Where Can I Find Carbon Monoxide?
Most accidents caused by carbon monoxide poisoning occur in the home and are related to our daily activities such as cooking and using heating. Since carbon monoxide is an “invisible and silent” gas, its characteristics do not allow us, in many cases, to perceive its presence, resulting in inhalation poisoning in a matter of minutes. This means that it is vitally important to prevent those risks that may affect the health and life of our family by having an effective instrument that is capable of detecting and alerting the presence of this silent gas.
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Lawmakers have taken notice of how important carbon monoxide detectors really are and many states have made these detectors mandatory in residential dwellings. The importance of having a gadget in our homes that can save our lives has risen throughout the years.
There are many different options out there that fulfill their objective, sounding an alarm when there is carbon monoxide in the air, but there are detectors that also aim to blend in with the advanced technology that we can now find in our own homes. AMP Smart, for example, has a smart carbon monoxide detector that can be connected to your home automation system. This means that if you are not home, the system will alert you to any carbon monoxide that may be present in your home. You can act quickly and solve the problem without even being there. You don’t have to wait until you walk through your front door and hear the alarm sounding.
Home automation systems keep us in control of our homes anywhere and anytime. By having a smart carbon monoxide detector connected to it, we are providing our family and home the protection that it needs and deserves. Protect your life and that of your family: Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning by installing an AMP Smart smart carbon monoxide detectors!